- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 60g of sugar
- 1 egg white
- 60g of sugar
- 60g of flour
- 5g of starch (corn flour
- 150g of dark baking chocolate
- 40g of sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 150g of milk
- 150g of heavy cream
- 1 tonka bean
- 150g of water
- 75g of sugar
- Combine all ingredients with an electric mixer until the mixture becomes light and fluffy.
- Whip the egg whites with an electric mixer
- Add the sugar and mix well.
- Sift the flour and corn starch into a bowl.
PREPARATION OF THE CAKE
- Gently combine mixtures 1 and 2 with a spatula.
- Use the spatula to gradually add in the 3rd mixture in 3 stages.
- Pour the mixture onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 170°C for 10 minutes.
- Pour the milk and the heavy cream into a saucepan.
- Grate the tonka bean into the milk and cream.
- Bring to the boil and cook for 5 minutes, allowing the grated tonka bean to infuse in the mixture.
- Combine the egg yolks and sugar in a bowl and whisk until light and foamy.
- Add the hot milk and cream mixture and mix well.
- Return to the saucepan and cook on a medium heat until the mixture thickens.
- Heat over medium heat until the mixture thickens.
- Break the dark chocolate into chunks and place in a bowl.
- Melt the chocolate by pouring over the hot milk, cream & egg yolk mixture
- When the mixture is ready, pour it while still hot preparation over the chocolate to melt it.
- Stir with a whisk.
- Set aside and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Remove the baking sheet from the cake and place onto a new baking sheet on your work surface.
- Moisten the cake with the syrup using a brush.
- Spread a thin layer of ganache all over the cake (5mm).
- Roll the cake up.
- Put it in the fridge.
- Once the cake has cooled, frost your cake with the remaining ganache.
- Decorate and serve!
Fried foie gras, roast apples and a reduction of raspberry vinegarIngrédients Pie Crust - 75 g sugar - 2 egg yolks - 135 g flour - 15 g bitter cocoa powder - 90 g butter Coffe Mascarpone Mousse - 375 g mascarpone - 3 eggs - 75 g sugar - 3 teaspoons coffee extract -...
Fried foie gras, roast apples and a reduction of raspberry vinegarIngrédients Duck breast inred wine sauce - 3 duck breasts- Salt- 1 tbsp. black pepper- 4 garlic cloves, sliced- Fresh thyme sprigs- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter- 1 large shallot, sliced- 1 tbsp. tomato...
Fried foie gras, roast apples and a reduction of raspberry vinegarIngrédients Roast apples - 3 apples- 50 g butter- 15 g sugar- 40 g shelled walnuts The vinegar reduction - 50 ml raspberry vinegar- 35 g sugarThe foie gras - 500 g foie gras, deveined and with the...
Strawberries wtith basil, lemon cream, whipped cream, and swiss meringueIngredients Swiss meringue - 200 g sugar- 100 g egg whites Basil and lemon cream - 2 eggs- 90 g sugar- 90 ml lemon juice- 10 leaves basil- 110 g butter- 1 sheet gelatine The whipped cream...
Ingredients 1 courgette 1 aubergine 1 red onion 1 tomato (any kind) 4 slices Iberian ham 1 farmhouse loaf Olive oil, for instance, Les Tannes en Occitanie from the Domaines Paul Mas) A few fl akes of Parmesan 1 clove garlic Direction Cut the courgette and...
Marinated turbot cooked in olive oil with gingerIngredients 1 turbot, about 2 kg 2 limes 2 lemons 1 orange 200 g fresh ginger 5 litres olive oil Salt, pepper, Espelette pepper This recipe can used for any kind of fish: cod, salmon, John DoryPreparation Remove...
TAGLIOLINI WITH TRUFFLESIngredients 4 eggs Truffle from the Aude or Uzès 400 g fresh Taglioni 100 g lean bacon 3 tablespoons crème fraîche 3 tablespoons olive oil Parmesan flakes Salt Preparation A few days (ideally five days) before preparing the recipe,...
IngredientsServes 6 people 6 chicken breasts 2 butternut squash 200g of chestnuts 150g of heavy cream (or double cream) For the crust 100g of butter 60g breadcrumbs 40g of almond powder 10cl of truffle oil Direction For the crust: mix the ingredients together, spread...
Ingredients 12 fresh scallops 1 grapefruit 2 lemons 2 oranges 20 cl of Astelia olive oil 1 tablespoon of fresh dill Direction Thinly slice the scallops and place them on a plate. Make a citrus vinaigrette: zest the different citrus fruits, mix the zest with...
Ingredients Serves 6 people 1.2kg lamb shoulder (with orwithout bone) 20cl olive oil 80g of Raz El Hanout (spicemix) 1 onion 1 large carrot 1 stalk of celery 1 head of garlic 2 eggplants 1 bunch of thyme Salt Pepper Direction Marinate the shoulder lamb in 10cl...