Côté Mas - Luxe Rural
CHOCOLATE GANACHE AND TONKA CAKE ROLL
WINE PAIRING SUGGESTION : CÔTÉ MAS, Brut Rosé AOP Crémant de Limoux
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 60g of sugar
- 1 egg white
- 60g of sugar
- 60g of flour
- 5g of starch (corn flour)
- Combine all ingredients with an electric mixer until the mixture becomes light and fluffy.
- Whip the egg whites with an electric mixer
- Add the sugar and mix well.
- Sift the flour and corn starch into a bowl.
PREPARATION OF THE CAKE
- Gently combine mixtures 1 and 2 with a spatula.
- Use the spatula to gradually add in the 3rd mixture in 3 stages.
- Pour the mixture onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 170°C for 10 minutes.
Ingredients – Ganache
- 150g of dark baking chocolate
- 40g of sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 150g of milk
- 150g of heavy cream
- 1 tonka bean
Directions – Ganache
- Pour the milk and the heavy cream into a saucepan.
- Grate the tonka bean into the milk and cream.
- Bring to the boil and cook for 5 minutes, allowing the grated tonka bean to infuse in the mixture.
- Combine the egg yolks and sugar in a bowl and whisk until light and foamy.
- Add the hot milk and cream mixture and mix well.
- Return to the saucepan and cook on a medium heat until the mixture thickens.
- Heat over medium heat until the mixture thickens.
- Break the dark chocolate into chunks and place in a bowl.
- Melt the chocolate by pouring over the hot milk, cream & egg yolk mixture
- When the mixture is ready, pour it while still hot preparation over the chocolate to melt it.
- Stir with a whisk.
- Set aside and allow to cool to room temperature.
Ingrédients – Syrup
- 150g of water
- 75g of sugar
- Remove the baking sheet from the cake and place onto a new baking sheet on your work surface.
- Moisten the cake with the syrup using a brush.
- Spread a thin layer of ganache all over the cake (5mm).
- Roll the cake up.
- Put it in the fridge.
- Once the cake has cooled, frost your cake with the remaining ganache.
- Decorate and serve!