Côté Mas - Luxe Rural
CHICKEN SUPREME IN AN ALMOND AND TRUFFLE CRUST,
ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND CREAMY CHESTNUT
WINE PAIRING SUGGESTION : PAUL MAS RESERVE Pinot Noir, IGP Pays d’Oc
Serves 6 people
FOR THE CRUST
- 100g of butter
- 60g breadcrumbs
- 40g of almond powder
- 10cl of truffle oil
- 6 chicken breasts
- 2 butternut squash
- 200g of chestnuts
- 150g of heavy cream (or double cream)
- For the crust: mix the ingredients together, spread a very thin layer of the mixture between two sheets of baking paper (use a flat dish to support). Chill in the fridge.
- Boil the chestnuts and cream in a saucepan. Stir and season to taste.
- Cut the butternut squash in half. Season with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Bake with the skin on for 30 minutes at 180°C.
- In a Dutch oven pot, grill the chicken breasts. When well-browned, cover with the mixture to form the crust.
- Cook in the oven for 10 minutes at 180°C.
- Arrange your plates with the chicken supreme, a piece of roasted butternut squash and the chestnut cream.