Côté Mas - Luxe Rural
Spicy lamb shoulder confit with grilled eggplant
Serves 6 people
- 1.2kg lamb shoulder (with orwithout bone)
- 20cl olive oil
- 80g of Raz El Hanout (spicemix)
- 1 onion
- 1 large carrot
- 1 stalk of celery
- 1 head of garlic
- 2 eggplants
- 1 bunch of thyme
- Marinate the shoulder lamb in 10cl of olive oil, Raz ElHanout, thyme, salt and pepper (to taste). Massage themarinade into the meat with your hands. Refrigerate for atleast 2 hours.
- In a casserole dish, brown the meat with the remainingolive oil. Cut the onion and carrot into quarters. Brown themwith the meat and the garlic. Cover three-quarters of thecasserole with water. Cook covered, in the oven at 85ºC for 8hours.
- While the meat is cooking, cut thin slices of eggplant andgrill them (in a pan or on a barbecue). Store in therefrigerator.
- When the meat is tender, shred it; Adjust the seasoning totaste.
- For the dressing, place the eggplants flat in a mold,bringing them up the sides to the edges of the mold. Add theshredded meat and press/pack well.
- Turn over onto a baking sheet. The meat should not bevisible, only the eggplants. 10 minutes before serving, reheatin the oven at 160ºC.