Côté Mas - Luxe Rural
Chocolat Caramel pie
WINE PAIRING SUGGESTION : CÔTÉ MAS CRÉMANT DE LIMOUX BRUT ROSÉ
- 95g powdered sugar
- 150g butter at room temperature
- 30g almond powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 225g of flour
- 15g of cocoa powder
- 1 egg
Pie preparation (step 1)
- Mix together, by hand, powdered sugar, butter and almond powder.
- Add the flour, salt and cocoa.
- Add the egg.
- Mix the dough with the palm of your hand.
- Roll out the dough, make small holes in it with a fork – if the dough is too soft, put it in the fridge a few minutes and try to roll it out.
- Place it in a pie pan.
- Bake at 335F for 20 min.
Caramel sauce Ingredients
- 150g 30% cream
- 60g of butter
- 2 pinch of salt
- 150g of caster with sugar
- 3 tbsp of water
Caramel sauce preparation (step 2)
- Make a caramel with the sugar. In a saucepan, pour the sugar with the water and mix over medium heat until caramel color.
- Add the butter and mix.
- Once well mixed, progressively add the cream in 3 times.
- Add the salt.
- Pour the mixture into the cooked pie crust.
- Put this preparation in the fridge while you prepare the chocolate mousse.
Chocolate mousse Ingredients
- 200g semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 400g 35% cream
- 200g of whole milk
- 20g of cocoa powder
Chocolate mousse preparation (step 3)
- In a pan, warm up the cocoa and milk until it starts bubbling.
- Add the baking chocolate in the pan out the fire
- Separately, whip the cream by hand or with a mixer until the mixture whitens and doubles in volume to form a thick and smooth cream, which flows like a ribbon and falls back into folds when you lift the whisk.
- Add the cream to the first mixture.
- Pour into the pie, over the caramel sauce
- Sprinkle with cocoa