Côté Mas - Luxe Rural
Beef Wellington and mashed potatoes
WINE PAIRING SUGGESTION: PAUL MAS RESERVE PINOT NOIR
Beef Wellingtion ingredients
- 1Kg of Beef tenderloin
- Salt according to your tastes or 12gr
- Pepper according to your tastes or 3gr
- 800gr Fresh whole mushrooms
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 bunch of Parsley
- 1 roll of puff pastry
- 2 egg yolks
- 20cl of milk
Beef Wellington preparation
- Season the tenderloin with salt and pepper.
- Sear the beef in a pan without cooking too much.
- Finely chop the mushrooms and season them with garlic and parsley.
- Fry the mushrooms in the pan until they have released all their water, about 10 minutes over high heat. Reserve aside.
- Roll out the puff pastry. Spread the mushrooms on the puff pastry, drawing a square in the center of the pastry. Place the beef tenderloin on the mushrooms and fold the edges of the puff pastry to seal the preparation tightly.
- Place the beef seam side down on a baking sheet so it does not open when cooking.
- Mix the 2 egg yolks with 20 cl of milk and brush the puff pastry with the mixture.
- Bake at 355F for 40 mins
For a beautiful effect, decorate the puff pastry with a knife before placing it in the oven. But be careful not to cut the puff pastry!
Mashed potatoes ingredients
- 1 Kg of potatoes – 500gr of Russet potatoes and 500gr of Yukon golds
- 5 cl Olive oil
- Espelette pepper according to your tastes
- Salt according to your tastes
- Pepper according to your tastes
Mashed potatoes preparation
- Peel the potatoes.
- In a saucepan with cold water, cook the potatoes until tender.
- Once cooked, drain the potatoes.
- Mash the potatoes with a potato masher or just a fork, adding olive oil as you go.
- Season with Espelette pepper, salt and pepper.
- Serve hot.